Developing Desert Javelinas with Expressive Line and Color
by Etchr Lab
Create expressive looking characters based on photos with illustrator, Mark Brewer. Enhance your own drawings with unique embellishments using a simple color palette that will up your art game every time! This class is best suited for beginner to intermediate artists.
The class runs for approximately 3 hours and will be held via Zoom. Each class is limited to 8 people for a more hands-on experience.
Schedule and details are in the tabs below!
- 9 AM LA Time Saturday (October 17th)
- 12 PM NY Time Saturday (October 17th)
- 5 PM London Time Saturday (October 17th)
- 12 AM Singapore Time Sunday (October 18th)
- 3 AM Sydney Time Sunday (October 18th)
Secure your spot today by purchasing on this page. We will follow up by email with further details ahead of the class.
DISCOVER HOW TO CREATE EXPRESSIVE LINES
In this 3-hour online class, join illustrator Mark Brewer as he teaches you how to ink a finished sketch using thin and thick lines to create a more expressive looking character. Learn various pen and watercolour techniques to bring your animal illustrations to life.
Featuring an immersive discussion and live demonstrations, Mark's class will cover:
- Creating cohesive images using a limited watercolour palette
- Finishing touches, embellishments, and accents
- Adding texture to drawing
This course is for beginner to intermediate ink and watercolour artists who are looking to improve their ability to accentuate various characteristics and forms while learning how to bring their own uniqueness and energy into their art.
- Watercolour paper, block, or board
- Pencil & eraser
- Fountain pen or dip pen with a flexible nib
- Black waterproof ink
- A full range of watercolour paints
- A few brushes in different sizes
- Water containers for rinsing
Paper towel for blotting and/or cleaning
- Color pencils
- White gel pen
- #0 or #1 size brush for scrubbing