Negative Painting: How to Paint White Subjects
by Etchr Lab
Did you miss the Live Mini Workshop? Purchase the recording here!
Paint along with watercolour artist Jill Gustavis in this live and interactive painting workshop. This session will run for approximately 1 hour via Zoom and is open to a maximum of 150 people. Participants will have access to a recording of the workshop.
Schedule and details are in the tabs below!
Mini workshop participants receive a US$10 voucher to spend on Etchr Art Supplies.
- 6 PM NY Time Tuesday (September 1st)
- 3 PM LA Time Tuesday (September 1st)
- 11 PM London Time Tuesday (September 1st)
- 6 AM Singapore Time Wednesday (September 2nd)
Secure your spot today by purchasing on this page. We will follow up by email with further details ahead of the day.
VIEW WATERCOLOUR FROM A NEW PERSPECTIVE
Join Jill Gustavis as she carves out white subjects in watercolour using negative painting techniques. Learn how to use multiple layers and blend colours to create form and movement.
This workshop is for beginner to intermediate watercolour painters interested in negative painting. See real-time choices in composition, colour, and blending, all of which can yield different results every time!
- Three to four colours of paint:
- Green and other colours are optional
- Palette or dish to mix washes in
- Two brushes:
- One larger brush (like a ½”flat)
- One smaller brush (like a round 8-10)
- 100% cotton is recommended
- 140lb recommended
- Hot press/cold press is up to your preference
- Two rinse cups (one for washing, one for clean water)
- Hot air dryer (for demonstration convenience only, if you’re following along this will help keep up)
- Paper towel (for lifting/blotting)
- Pencil (optional)