Negative Painting in Watercolour: Skyscapes
by Etchr Lab
Did you miss the Live Mini Workshop? Purchase the recording here!
Paint along with watercolour artist Jill Gustavis in this live and interactive painting workshop. This Mini Workshop is focused on skyscapes at night, just in time for Halloween! This session will run for approximately 1 hour via Zoom and is open to a maximum of 300 people. Participants will have access to a recording of the workshop.
Schedule and details are in the tabs below!
Secure your spot today by purchasing on this page. Zoom link and other workshop details will be sent to you via email at least 24-hours before the scheduled event.
Mini workshop participants receive a US$10 voucher to spend on Etchr Art Supplies.
- 3pm LA Time Tuesday (October 20th)
- 6pm NY Time Tuesday (October 20th)
- 11pm London Time Tuesday (October 20th)
- 6am Singapore Time Wednesday (October 21st)
- 9am Sydney Time Wednesday (October 21st)
VIEW WATERCOLOUR FROM A NEW PERSPECTIVE
Join Jill Gustavis as she carves out white subjects in watercolour using negative painting techniques. Learn how to use multiple layers and blend colours to create form and movement.
This workshop is for beginner to intermediate watercolour painters interested in negative painting. See real-time choices in composition, colour, and blending, all of which can yield different results every time!
- a light warm neutral like Buff Titanium/Yellow Ochre
- a dark blue like Indanthrone/Indigo
- and darker cool color like Payne's Gray/Neutral tint (highly recommended if trying this monochromatically)
- any other "cloudy" accent colors you'd like to include.
- 100% cotton, 140lb, cold press paper recommended.
- A mid-sized to large brush depending on your paper size. Any shape will work, but longer forms like daggers and riggers are encouraged.
- Paper towel for lifting
- Two rinse cups and rag
- Heat dryer for convenience if students would like to follow along.