Negative Painting: How to Paint White Subjects (Recording)
by Etchr Lab
For approximately 1-hour, watch and learn with professional watercolourist Jill Gustavis as she carves out white subjects in watercolour using negative painting techniques. Learn how to use multiple layers and blend colours to create form and movement.
This Mini Workshop Recording is for beginner to intermediate watercolour painters interested in negative painting.
Purchase this video now and a downloadable PDF containing the video link will be sent to you via email.
- Three to four colours of paint:
- Green and other colours are optional
- Palette or dish to mix washes in
- Two brushes:
- One larger brush (like a ½”flat)
- One smaller brush (like a round 8-10)
- 100% cotton is recommended
- 140lb recommended
- Hot press/cold press is up to your preference
- Two rinse cups (one for washing, one for clean water)
- Hot air dryer (for demonstration convenience only, if you’re following along this will help keep up)
- Paper towel (for lifting/blotting)
- Pencil (optional)