From Leaf to Page: Botanical Illustration
by Etchr Lab
Learn the art of botanical illustration in this online class with artist and illustrator Ralukko. Start off with a plant of your choice and translate it onto paper through mixed media.
This 3-hour class is suitable for beginner to intermediate artists, and will be held via Zoom. Each class is limited to 8 people for a more hands-on experience.
Schedule and details are in the tabs below!
- 9 AM LA Time Sunday (October 4th)
- 12 PM New York Time Sunday (October 4th)
- 5 PM London Time Sunday (October 4th)
- 12 Midnight Singapore Time Monday (October 5th)
- 2 AM Sydney Time Monday (October 5th)
Secure your spot today by purchasing on this page. We will follow up by email with further details ahead of the class.
ENRICH YOUR IMAGINATIVE GARDEN
In this 3-hour Class, join Ralukko as she teaches you valuable lessons in illustrating your favourite flora through this immersive and interactive experience. Learn how use different colouring techniques, layering of multiple tools, using specific mark-making to enhance a drawing.
Students may pick a preferred plant to illustrate.
Suggested plants for reference (or any preferred plant that is interesting to draw):
- Flowers: Daisies, Chamomile, Lily, Ivy, Petunia, Foxglove, Poppies, Cornflower, Thistle, Lavender, Dandelion, Nettles, Snowdrops
- Fungi: Oyster mushrooms, Pig's Ear, Chanterelle, King Bolete, Amanitas, Russula types
- Fruit and vegetables: Cucumbers plants, Tomato plants, Strawberry plants, Zucchini plants, Beetroot plant
This course is for beginner to intermediate watercolourists who are looking to build their skills and gain a deeper understanding of this medium.
- At least two artist-grade watercolours
- A couple of your favourite brushes
- Watercolour paper: 100% cotton and 20% cotton
- Water containers for cleaning brushes (preferably three)
- Pencils and erasers
- Pigment ink pen
- A rag/cloth for cleaning brushes
- Spray bottle (with water)
- Fountain pen (optional)