Gouache 101: Plein Air From Home
by Etchr Lab
An introductory online gouache class with artist and illustrator Andrew Peña.
This class will help you gain an understanding of the medium, learn techniques as you paint, and prepare you for painting gouache outdoors. It is best suited for beginner to intermediate artists.
The class runs for approximately 3 hours and will be held via Zoom. Each class is limited to 8 people for a more hands-on experience.
- 11 AM LA Time Friday (September 11th)
- 2 PM NY Time Friday (September 11th)
- 7 PM London Time Friday (September 11th)
- 2 AM Singapore Time Saturday (September 12th)
Secure your spot today by purchasing on this page. We will follow up by email with further details ahead of the class.
EXPERIENCE THE WONDERS OF GOUACHE PAINTING
In this 3-hour online class, join artist Andrew Peña as he teaches you the fundamentals of painting gouache "en plein air". Learn the basics of gouache as a painting medium and apply the lessons real-time in a live painting session.Featuring an immersive discussion and live demonstrations, Andrew's class will cover:
- A breakdown of gouache painting materials
- Choosing colour palettes and mixing colours
- Paint application
- How to choose a plein air subject
- How to capture what you see onto paper
This course is for beginner to intermediate gouache artists who are looking to familiarise themselves with the medium and get a better grasp on how to handle gouache.
- Size 3/4 stroke or wash synthetic brush
- Gouache paint in these colours (or similar):
- Burnt Sienna
- Cerulean Blue
- Alizarin Crimson
- Cadmium Yellow
- Cadmium Lemon Yellow
- Turquoise Green
- Titanium White
- Palette paper
- Collapsible water cup (Optional)
- Artists tape (Optional)
- White matte board or illustration board
- Cold press sketchbook or paper