Negative Painting in Watercolour: Skyscapes (Recording)
by Etchr Lab
For approximately 1 hour, watch and learn with watercolourist Jill Gustavis as she carves out white subjects in watercolour using negative painting techniques focusing on skyscapes at night! Learn how to take advantage of different layers and blend colours to create form and movement.
This Mini-Workshop Recording beginner to intermediate watercolour painters interested in negative painting.
Purchase this video now and a downloadable PDF containing the video link will be sent to you via email.
- a light warm neutral like Buff Titanium/Yellow Ochre
- a dark blue like Indanthrone/Indigo
- and darker cool color like Payne's Gray/Neutral tint (highly recommended if trying this monochromatically)
- any other "cloudy" accent colors you'd like to include.
- 100% cotton, 140lb, cold press paper recommended.
- A mid-sized to large brush depending on your paper size. Any shape will work, but longer forms like daggers and riggers are encouraged.
- Paper towel for lifting
- Two rinse cups and rag
- Heat dryer for convenience if students would like to follow along.