Snowy Architectural Element in Watercolour
by Etchr Lab
In this 3-hour class, join illustrator Elizaveta Smirnova as she demonstrates how to create a colourful architectural element in the winter atmosphere from start to finish. At the end of this workshop, you will learn an essential technique great for Plein air painting and studio work.
This class is limited to 10 people for a more hands-on experience.
Schedule and details are in the tabs below!
Secure your spot today by purchasing on this page. A downloadable PDF containing the Zoom link and other workshop details will be sent via email after checkout.
*Due to the personalised nature of this Class, a recording will not be sent out to protect the privacy of every participant.
9am LA Time Wednesday (February 17th, PST)
12pm NY Time Wednesday (February 17th, EST)
5pm London Time Wednesday (February 17th, GMT)
1am Singapore Time Thursday (February 18th)
4am Sydney Time Thursday (February 18th)
CONVEY FROSTY ELEMENT IN WATERCOLOUR
Join Elizaveta Smirnova as she demonstrates how to select a suitable subject while learning how to simplify the architectural structure with a limited timeframe using watercolour. She will tackle the importance of pencil sketch in maintaining the proportions of your illustrations and discuss the colour scheme technique to build depth.
This course is for beginner to intermediate artists who want to learn the detailed process of creating a snowy architectural element in watercolour.
- Paper: any watercolour paper (preferably 300gsm) or watercolour sketchbook
- Burnt Sienna (PBr7 or other Burnt Sienna),
- Purple (PV23), Phthalo Green (PG7)
- Cobalt Blue (PB28),
- Neutral Tint/Payne’s Grey
- White watercolour/Gouache (PW6)
- Watercolour brushes
- round brush size 6-8 (synthetic or sable), rigger or small
- size round brush for details, soft squirrel/squirrel imitation brush size 10-12
- Mechanical pencil 0,5 HB-2B
- Soft eraser and kneadable art eraser;
- Tape/paper clip