E32 :: Julia Koerner (Dyru) & How to Paint with Watercolours
Julia Koerner (AKA Dyru) has been creating visual stories ever since she was 7. Even though she opted for a design route, she has been slowly transitioning to being a full time artist. Her work combines digital with traditional art (such as watercolour), to give life to the most unique characters…
Join us today as we talk about:
- How to achieve the correct water/pigment ratio with watercolour;
- How different brushes can wield different results when painting;
- The difference between hot and cold press watercolour paper (and why cotton matters so much);
- Combining traditional with digital painting;
- …and why Julia hated watercolour when she first started!
Listen to Julia's interview:
- Host & Producer: Ânia Marcos
- Editor: Jericka (Jih) Cruz
- Intro jingle "Dock Rock" by John Deley
- Outro music "On the Bach" by Jingle Punks
What is your number one watercolour struggle?
Please let us know in the comments section below!