Hand-picked vegan friendly watercolours in a set of 24 half-pans. Premium Student Grade. Lightfastness, transparency levels and Colour Index Names listed below. Free international shipping.
Watercolour 24 Half Pan SetWatercolour 24Hp Student Grade
by Etchr Lab
We love animals. We don't want our products to be made of them.
Read the following colour details the following way: Colour name / lightfastness level by the Blue Wool Scale / Colour Index Name / Transparency level.
- Pure White / 8 / PW6 / Opaque
- Lemon Yellow / 7 / PY3 / Semi-transparent
- Just Yellow / 8 / PY35 / Opaque
- Mighty Ochre / 8 / PY42 / Opaque
- Llama Orange / 8 / PY150 / Semi-opaque
- Soft Orange / 8 / PO20 / Opaque
- Simply Red / 8 / PR108 / Transparent
- Rogue Red / 6 / PR177 / Semi-opaque
- Sweet Red / 7 / PR123 / Transparent
- Pretty Pink / 7 / PV19 / Transparent
- Royal Purple / 7 / PV23 / Transparent
- Lime Green / 8 / PG36 + PY74 / Semi-transparent
- Leaf Green / 8 / PG17 / Transparent
- Emerald Green / 7 / PG7 / Transparent
- Ocean Turquoise / 5 / PY101 + PB17 / Transparent
- Ultramarine Blue / 8 / PB29 / Transparent
- Prussian Blue / 6 / PB27 / Semi-transparent
- Sky Blue / 7 / PB15.3 / Opaque
- Cobalt Blue / 8 / PB28 / Transparent
- Umber Brown / 8 / PR101 + PBr7 / Transparent
- Brick Brown / 8 / PR101 / Opaque
- Burnt Sienna / 8 / PBr7 / Transparent
- Dark Brown / 8 / PBr7 + PBk7 / Transparent
- Power Black / 8 / PBk7 / Opaque
What is Lightfastness?
Lightfastness is the ability a dye or pigment has to endure light and retain its original colour over time. To sum it up, the better the level, the more resistant the colour is to fading when exposed to sunlight. We conform to the Blue Wool Scale chart, which classifies lightfastness as 1 being very poor, and 8 being excellent. We only have 5 and above.
What is the binding agent for the colours?
All our watercolours use Gum Arabic as the binding agent.
What comes in the box?
- 24 half pans with the colours: Pure White, Lemon Yellow, Just Yellow, Mighty Ochre, Llama Orange, Soft Orange, Simply Red, Rogue Red, Sweet Red, Pretty Pink, Royal Purple, Lime Green, Leaf Green, Emerald Green, Ocean Turquoise, Ultramarine Blue, Prussian Blue, Sky Blue, Cobalt Blue, Umber Brown, Brick Brown, Burnt Sienna, Dark Brown, Power Black;
- Half pans come inside a black metal box for easy carry;
- Swatching paper
- Durable outer box for safe packaging and delivery (plus, the box is so cool that you can use it for whatever you’d like!).
Why watercolour pans?
We thought it was about time a brand took the guesswork out of paint selection to deliver simply the best student-grade watercolour paints directly to you.
We spent over a year sourcing watercolours from all over the world. We then put every paint through countless rounds of rigorous testing by our panel of professional watercolourists and instructors.
Finally, we hand-picked the best paints that would be priced in the ‘student-grade’ category and put together a set that achieves what we set out to do. These paints each exhibit the key characteristics that will help you develop as an artist: a wide variety of palette choices and transparency levels; great lightfastness, easy to mix with water, and pretty great level of pigmentation.