Alex Hillkurtz is a renowned storyboard artist for feature films, television, and commercials. He is also a master watercolourist that is capable of portraying emotion, temperature and feelings with his traditional plein-air pieces.
His wide array of skills led us to a fantastic conversation, in which we discuss:
- Tips on picking a colour palette,
- Why watercolour is a great medium for beginners;
- How art is a better communication tool than language;
- …and why painting exactly what you see can ruin your piece!
Listen to Alex's interview:
- Host & Producer: Ânia Marcos
- Editor: Jericka (Jih) Cruz
- Intro jingle "Dock Rock" by John Deley
- Outro music "On the Bach" by Jingle Punks
What are your go-to colour choices?
Please let us know in the comments section below!