A Portuguese artist with a background in architecture, Pedro Alves always loved creating characters and sketching what was going on around him. His art version of the “wax on, wax off” approach set him up for ongoing artistic growth, and keeps on helping him overcome struggles in a creative way.
Join us today as we talk about:
- How to make a sketch look detailed without adding any details;
- On location vs drawing from photos (and how to combine the two!)
- Why we need good sketchbooks;
- How art brought life to a dead Portuguese commerce area;
- Tips on successfully combining ink with watercolour!
Listen to Pedro's interview:
- Host & Producer: Ânia Marcos
- Editor: Jericka (Jih) Cruz
- Intro jingle "Dock Rock" by John Deley
- Outro music "On the Bach" by Jingle Punks
What is your favourite subject to draw?
Please let us know in the comments section below!