E40 :: Julia Blattman & Keeping Your Creativity in Check
Julia Blattman is a Visual Development artist at Netflix who works mainly with digital. She worked in shows like 'My Dad the Bounty Hunter'; as well as on a children’s book: 'The Mess That we Made'.
Apart from her artistic day job and freelance work, Julia also (somehow) finds the energy to work on her own pieces.
…and I just had to found out how.
Join us today as we talk about:
- Overcoming creative burnout;
- Being an artist outside an art job;
- Why (and how) real life experiences can improve your art;
- …and what’s a Visual Development’s work day like at Netflix!
Listen to Julia's interview:
- Host & Producer: Ânia Marcos
- Editor: Jericka (Jih) Cruz
- Intro jingle "Dock Rock" by John Deley
- Outro music "On the Bach" by Jingle Punks
When 'Artsing' is Challenging...
Have you ever gone through a time where getting into art making was challenging? How did you get through it?
Please let us know in the comments section below!