They say imitation is the highest form of flattery. But what does it entail in art? We get real and raw with Watercolor artist Rachael Moyles and discuss the difference between copying and drawing inspiration. As a hobbyist or someone starting out in watercolor, where do we draw the line of learning from copying and defining our own style?
Listen in as we further talked about:
- Patience and determination to get to better in art
- The importance of community building to your growth
- Why you shouldn't keep a curated feed
- Holding on to your old artworks
- Keeping expectations light
Listen to Rachael's interview:
- Tweet Us! @etchr_lab
- Watch this full episode on Youtube here!
- Ready to make more art? Check out our workshops!
- Browse our art supplies at etchrlab.com