During the day, Andrew Peña is a background painter and visual development artist for companies such as Netflix and Adult Swim. When he has free time, he enjoys spending it doing gouache plein air (and #pleininterior) paintings in the cafes and landscapes of Pasadena and Azusa, California. The fun part? His journey didn’t fully start until FOUR years ago!
Join us today as we talk about:
- How to find your art style;
- Painting in watercolours Vs gouache;
- Fighting social media anxiety.
Listen to Andrew's interview:
- Host & Producer: Ânia Marcos
- Editor: Jericka (Jih) Cruz
- Intro jingle "Dock Rock" by John Deley
- Outro music "On the Bach" by Jingle Punks
Download our background image:
Sometimes it takes 2 steps backwards to move forward...
Andrew shared with us how he had to quit one school and start fresh in another to get to where he is today.
Have you ever had to start something from scratch in order to get to your goal? How did you power through?
Let us know in the comments section below!
PS: Andrew is joining us as a gouache teacher! More information coming soon...