Ejiwa Ebenebe, also known as Edge, is an illustrator of fantasy, opulence and whimsy, whose gorgeous work earned her a cover on the famous ImagineFX magazine. We’ve been friends for years, and I’m deeply inspired by her - especially after knowing her story and the struggles she had to face to get to where she’s at today.
Join us today as we talk about:
- Building a successful freelance illustrator career from scratch,
- Powering through depression,
- How Final Fantasy led Edge into art making,
- …and the story behind Edge’s choice of focusing on painting Black people.
Listen to Edge's interview:
- Host & Producer: Ânia Marcos
- Editor: Jericka (Jih) Cruz
- Intro jingle "Dock Rock" by John Deley
- Outro music "On the Bach" by Jingle Punks
Check out Edge's cover for the latest ImagineFX magazine:
What's your Final Fantasy?
Edge told us how the movie “Final Fantasy - The Spirits Within” was a catalyst to her art career. What about you - what movie, game or event stirred your passion for art?