This week our conversation with artist Lia Schäfer revolves around people’s faces. Lia started at age 14 by asking her classmates to pose and since progressed to having her own distinct “urban sketchy” style of portraiture. Lia believes that with the right amount of guidance, perspective and simple techniques, anyone can learn this painting style with ease.
In this episode, Lia talks about:
- Creating human faces with mixed media
- The “hold the pen” technique for perspective
- The best way to start drawing human figures
- Secret tip to achieving correct proportions
Listen to Lia's interview:
[subscribe on Apple Podcasts] [subscribe via email] [Spotify] [Youtube]
- Tweet Us! @etchr_lab
- Watch this full episode in Youtube here!
- Ready to make more art? Check out our workshops!
- Browse our art supplies at etchrlab.com
- Host & Producer: Jhesy Romano
- Editor & Designer: Andrei Fernandez
- Intro jingle "Dock Rock" by John Deley
- Outro music "On the Bach" by Jingle Punks